Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What does a Teacher make?


From  A School Principal's speech at a  graduation..

He  said "Doctor wants his child to become a  doctor.........
Engineer wants his child to  become engineer......
Businessman wants his  ward to become CEO.....
BUT a teacher also  wants his child to become one of them..!!!!
Nobody wants to become a teacher BY CHOICE"  ....Very sad but that's the
truth.....!!!

The  dinner guests were sitting around the table  discussing life.
One man, a CEO, decided to  explain the problem with education. He argued,
"What's a kid going to learn from someone  who decided his best option in
life was to  become a teacher?"

To  stress his point he said to another guest;
"You're a teacher, Bonnie. Be honest. What  do you make?"

Teacher Bonnie, who had a  reputation for honesty and frankness replied,
"You want to know what I  make?
(She paused for a second, then  began...)

"Well,  I make  kids  work harder than they ever thought they  could.

I make a C+  feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor  winner.

I make kids sit through 40  minutes of class time when their parents can't
make them sit for 5 min. without an I Pod,  Game Cube or movie rental.

You want to  know what I make?
(She paused again and  looked at each and every person at the  table)

I make kids  wonder.

I  make them  question.

I make them apologize and mean  it.

I make them  have respect and take responsibility for their  actions.

I teach them how to write and  then I make them  write.
Keyboarding isn't  everything.

I  make them  read, read, read.

I  make  them  show all their work in math.
They use their  God given brain, not the man-made  calculator.

I make my students from other  countries learn everything they need
to know  about English while preserving their unique  cultural identity.

I  make  my  classroom a place where all my students feel  safe.

Finally, I  make them  understand that if they use the gifts  they
were given, work hard, and follow their  hearts, they can succeed in life

( Bonnie  paused one last time and then  continued.)

Then, when people try to  judge me by what I make,  with  me knowing money
isn't everything, I can hold my  head up high and pay no attention because
they  are ignorant. You want to know what I  make?

I  MAKE  A  DIFFERENCE IN ALL YOUR LIVES, EDUCATING KIDS AND  PREPARING
THEM TO BECOME CEO's , AND DOCTORS AND  ENGINEERS..........

What  do you make  Mr. CEO?

His  jaw dropped; he went  silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment